These exercises are based on following topics.
A) Redo logs
B) Instance Configuration
C) Oracle Architecture
E) Data Migration
F) Automatic Database Management
G) Oracle Server
1. About which major tuning areas does Database Control provide information?
a. Most-used objects
b. Top SQL statements
c. Memory usage
d. Top sessions affecting the instance
e. CPU and wait classes
2. The initialization parameter, UNDO_RETENTION specifies the length of time for which Oracle retains data in the:
a. Undo tablespace
b. Flash recovery area
c. Data files
d. Flashback database logs
3. When is the SGA created in an Oracle database environment?
a. When the database is created
b. When the instance is started
c. When the database is mounted
d. When a user process is started
4. What must be confirmed before changing the CURSOR_SPACE_FOR_TIME parameter in the initialization file to TRUE?
a. The TIMED_STATISTICS parameter is set to TRUE
b. The hit percentage in the buffer cache is at least 95%
c. The OPEN_CURSOR parameter is set to at least twice the default value
d. The value in the RELOADS column of V$LIBRARYCACHE is consistently zero
5. User Smith created indexes on some tables owned by user John. The following items have to be displayed:
Which data dictionary view(s) would be needed to query?
a. DBA_INDEXES only
b. DBA_IND_COLUMNS only
c. DBA_INDEXES and DBA_USERS
d. DBA_IND COLUMNS and DBA_USERS
6. Which statement is valid regarding index clusters?
a. Index clusters can only be used for tables with low cardinality columns
b. Index clusters are generally well suited for tables that have many full table scans
c. Normal B-Tree indexes do not store null key values, whereas cluster indexes store null keys
d. A cluster index always takes up much more storage space than a normal index for the same set of key values
7. Which of the following statements are true about rebuilding an index?
a. The resulting index may contain deleted entries
b. A new index is built using an existing index as the data source
c. Queries cannot use the existing index while the new index is being built
d. During a rebuild, sufficient space is needed to accommodate both the old and the new index in their respective tablespaces
8. The DBA wants to transport a tablespace from database X and Y, which is located on a different operating system using a different endian format for its datafiles. Therefore, the DBA needs to convert the endian format before transporting the tablespace. Which commands can the DBA use to change the endian formats?
a. Convert Tablespace...To Platform..in SQL*PLUS
b. Convert Tablespace...From Platform..in RMAN
c. Convert Tablespace...To Platform..in RMAN
d. Convert Datafile...From Platform..in RMAN
e. Convert Datafile...From Platform..in SQL*PLUS
9. What is the key goal of the ADDM?
a. To reduce DB time
b. To reduce DB idle time
c. To reduce DB active time
d. To reduce throughput
10. Which of the following are examples of an Oracle database high-water mark statistic?
a. SGA size
b. Number of named users
c. Size of the largest data segment
d. Maximum number of concurrent sessions
11. Which memory structure contains the information used by the server process to validate the user privileges?
a. Buffer cache
b. Library cache
c. Data dictionary cache
d. Redo log buffer cache
12. Which option lists the correct hierarchy of storage structures, from largest to the smallest?
a. Segment, extent, tablespace, data block
b. Data block, extent, segment, tablespace
c. Tablespace, extent, data block, segment
d. Tablespace, segment, extent, data block